Perfect for those working in the health and social care sector, this course gives delegates the skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver Safe Handling and Administration of Medication sessions to staff within their place of work. On successful completion those attending will receive an accredited Safe Handling and Administration of Medication Train the Trainer Certificate and a Safe Handling and Administration of Medication Train the Trainer Resource Pack.
This course will cover important elements such as:
- Understand the relevant legislation relating to the use of medication in social care settings
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings
- Know about common types of medication and their use
- Understand techniques for administering medication
- Be able to receive, store and dispose of medication supplies safely
- Know how to promote the rights of the individual when managing medication
- Be able to support the use of medication
- Be able to record and report on the use medication
- To understand the importance of identifying learner needs, and be able to plan, deliver and assess a session effectively
During the session you will also cover key areas relating to delivering safe handling and administration of medication training to others. You will be required to complete and a short micro teach to demonstrate your competency in this area, this will be at an agreed time with the trainer.
This course is as a Virtual Course.